Friday, August 11, 2017

New Music Friday

Ok so yall know I dont do crap music. Im spoiled, I grew up in an era of good music and since being with 2llz Ive been introduced to so much more. This new generation of artist confuzzle me and hurt my ears, so I dont even attempt to try and listen to any of it. Just this morning I was checking the new releases because its Friday and there is usually some good music dropped on Friday. Unfortunately there hasn't been anything worthwhile since Jay-Z dropped 4:44. Which by the way was a dope response to Beyonces Lemonade. But like I was saying,  I was checking for new music this morning and it was a new album from someone called Moneybagg Yo. Um... where did this name come from? Did no one in your camp say waymin? I guess. That wasnt the point of this post, but I had to put my concern out there.

Today I decided to  listen to someone that Ive never heard of and see what their new release was about. Todays first artist was Salva and the new album Clips
Image result for salva clips

To my pleasure this actually turned out to be an instrumental album. It always makes me happy to find one of these because sometimes you just need sound without words. When I heard the person speak on the first track talking about needing more ice, my first thought was here we go.. Im in trap land, but as the album went on and I heard no lyrics, I was happy. lol The beginning of Stranger Things Have Happened sounds like the theme of the Xfiles, which I guess makes sense based off the title (that I didnt read until now.) Overall it was a decent album 7/10, something Ill add to a roadtrip playlist.


Image result for fashawn manna
The second album I listened to was Manna by Fashawn. Apparently he was part of XXL freshman class in 2010. I havent paid attention to the freshman class list in quite sometime since it endorses crap music (imo) so when I saw he was on a list, I was a bit hesitant to listen to this. Favorite song hands down on the first listen through was Proud. The intro alone to it gave me life, children being quizzed on great melanated people of our past.  The self titled song reminds me of the aggression, emotion and power 2llz displays  in Medal Stand on that Summers In Spain album. Shout out to new music Friday, today has been a jackpot of unexpected good music. Manna gets a 8/10 from Mrs2llz.




No comments:

Post a Comment